Saturday, February 6, 2016

Irritable

I've gotten more angry lately. Waking up for hospital rotations, getting less exercise, and having to be around people too much... I dunno, something took its toll. The guys I hang out with, the white guys, also happen to be obese. And it hadn't been a big deal until I had to hang out with them so much. But it's pretty genuinely repulsive, how much they eat. I hate to be judgmental, and I can normally kinda just say "to each their own", but even I am cutting back on alcohol the more I read about its potential negative long-term effects. But despite obesity being a killing thing in America, they go on fueling it.

That and the fact that there's a reason why they failed classes in the past, and failed their first exams this semester. We make fun of others in the class for asking dumb questions, but now I've stopped asking basic questions like "what's that the prof just said?" because there's always a follow-up question along with the answer, to make sure I got all the info or to explain something obvious. When our patience is being constantly tested by power outages and useless lectures, it starts to be tough to be polite.

I just want to be back in America. I know that it won't solve every problem, but it will solve a lot of them.

I don't want to find my relief in drinking. Drinking should be in celebration, not to drown sorrows. But the latter will happen if I don't figure something out...

No more rotations till next month. Exams a week from Tuesday (followed by exams in playing doctor class the following Friday and Monday).

I wish I didn't need to work out every other day. Or go to lectures. Or all of the things.

No comments: