Sunday, February 21, 2016

How To Survive

A weekend to destress was helpful. Still not feeling at the top of my game, but I am remembering how I survived in times past: looking forward. Even if I fail out, I get to spend the weekend of April 22nd in Arkansas reconnecting with some cherished friends. And that's really something. Two months until that time. Two months to dig myself out of where I am and find my way again.

I've kept my mind pure since my last post. Granted, I've also been drinking heavily. Particularly after our recent pharmacology lecture on the effects of ethanol, I've appreciated much more the decrease in cognition that ethanol provides. Thank God for GABA. So perhaps in contrast to many other men, I drink to help myself avoid sinning. And to decrease anxiety of course. And a number of other reasons probably. Hard to tell (I'm currently drinking).

I've gotta keep my mind elsewhere. Study hard and daydream of another time and place. That's how I've survived in the past. If I become hopeless, I become depressed, and when troubles come, that depression can easily turn to anxiety.

No comments: