Sunday, April 5, 2015

Star Wipe

It's nearing the end of the semester. Two weeks until I'm aboard a cruise ship. But of course, I have to pass Biochemistry first, and I don't have much of a buffer to make sure that that happens.

How do people find people that they like enough to marry? I mean, it's choosing to become one with someone. Am I just so unique that I'm the one who has trouble realistically picturing being with someone? It feels normal enough when I think about it in myself, but with others... I mean, some of my friends have children now. Not babies, but children. Well, some have babies. Point is, people my age and younger have married and started families, and it just seems crazy to me. Crazy just to marry, to have decided on a person that is compatible enough with you that you make the choice to wake up next to them every single morning. And having children! But a lot of girls are crazy about having babies I guess. Don't get me wrong. I wanna have kids. I've got a lot of good genes to pass on. But kids are a huge deal.

Easy transitions with this blog post, obviously.

Today is Easter. It's the second Easter I've spent away from home and family. Last year, I spent it on the island of Santorini. Alone for days. This time kinda feels similar, except that I have reliable internet, so I can at least communicate with family. Mostly, my mom and I talked about the cruise, so now we have a hotel booked for before and after. A HOTEL! So fancy.

There's a birthday party going on next door. Those birthdays are the closest thing we have to real social events here. They're the main reason I'm as good of friends with some people as I am. It's really weird, too. All we can talk about is our past lives as humans and our present lives as students. Usually we complain about how the school is screwing us over. And that's sad to me, because you don't really get to know a person by talking about what you experience with them every day. At least, that's how it feels...

No comments: