Monday, July 14, 2014

Oh The Age In My Bones

I'm beginning to feel older and older. I have two brothers, both older than me. The younger of them is three years older, 27 years old as of last month. My parents got married at 28/29 years old.

This puts me at 4-5 years until I reach the age that my parents were when they got married (and they were late compared to most).

It's tough to avoid feeling the pressure of it. I'm 24, which is kinda the age at which you expect to have at least started dating a potential keeper. But the search continues, and only really half-heartedly, 'cause I'm leaving this world to live on an island for two years anyway. Commitment doesn't seem like a real option. Not to mention that my standards haven't really done much dropping since I thought myself old/mature enough to date. She can't smoke. That's basic, but it also rules out SO many humans. We also just have to click. My dad said that since divorcing my mom, he's gone on some 150 dates but only felt like he really connected with two or three of them. There are only a very, very few humans out there around my age that I greatly admire.

Maybe I'll run into a doctor woman in med school and we'll be a medical missionary power couple. But that sounds boring. I always wanted to aim for someone more artsy... Whatevz.

No comments: