Monday, May 26, 2014

May 22

I left Amsterdam without having partaken of any drugs during my time there. This is called a victory for my convictions. The red light district was a sad thing to see, and because it was in a central part of town, I did see it many times. The women standing in their undies, just trying to look attractive enough to get someone to pay to sleep with them. What made matters worse was the church in the middle of it. Both the church and the whorehouses were built at the same time, for similar reasons: to make money. The women sold their bodies and the church sold indulgences. So sad. Judging by its history, Amsterdam really seems like a city built on a love of money. Aside from the pretty Scottish girls we met there and the kebabs I found for €2.50, it wasn't my favorite. Good internet though. 

So now I'm on the train to Cologne (Köln), Germany. My boxers are torn from dancing at a bar and the rest of my clothes are kinda desperately in need of laundering, so I'm very much hoping to find such services in Cologne. 


I've only got 2 1/2 weeks left of travel in Europe, which is honestly just crazy. I've been on the road/train/ferry/plane for so long that I dunno how it's gonna be when I get back. I just hope that spending my last week in Ireland will bring me back to a good place. 

No comments: