Monday, May 26, 2014

May 15

Getting frustrated that the sister does not want to hear my travel advice. She's already missed out on some big sights in Paris because she didn't feel like it when we were right there, or she'd insist that she'd do it some other time or wake up early and go without me. We are incredibly privileged to be in Europe, and unlike me, she only has a precious few days in each place. Every day she decides to "take it easy" and be on her computer all day is a day that she doesn't get to see the world. It's the little things too. She doesn't care about the view on the train, which is kinda the point of getting a Eurail pass. She said that flying would have been less expensive. I'm just like, yeah, but you don't get to see anything you're passing through.

We also don't agree on travel methods. This trip tested me (and continues to do so) in that I wasn't allowed to plan ahead. I was kinda doing all of it day by day. And now we're trying to save money and go to new places, but she gets stressed with planning ahead, whereas I get stressed with not planning ahead, because I have learned what it's like to not have a place to sleep, and it not pleasant.


Lastly, she usually seems to be done for the day after being out for no more than three hours. I'm used to spending all day walking about with my laptop and such strapped to my back. 

No comments: