Monday, May 26, 2014

May 19

On the train from Brussels to Amsterdam today. In Brussels, we didn’t do too much besides sample beers. I went to a brewery where they brew with the olde traditional method, exposing the beer to the yeast in the Belgian air rather than putting a certain type of yeast in it to ferment it.

Belgian beer once again amazes me. I didn’t like beer until my first trip to Brussels, and I remain convinced that it’s the best in the world. Really too good for my palate to take in or understand.

We just got caught changing the dates of our Eurail passes and were fined 100 euros. This is because a certain sister of mine filled in the travel details for the one journey that she changed the dates for and ONLY for that one journey.
I stand by my policy, even if it is dishonest, because I’ve been cheated out of trains that I paid for when they decided to be on strike. But try explaining that to the guy on the train. Kidding, don’t. Just pay the stupid fine.

I’m just kinda looking forward to getting to Ireland where everyone is kind and simple. And also to home and friends.


There is another moral dilemma coming up. I don’t do drugs, but I have said that I do enjoy eating brownies, and if I was tricked into eating pot brownies, well, there are worse things in the world. But I really think I should avoid the possibility altogether. I don’t wanna turn into all that.

Update: I didn't do drugs.

No comments: