Monday, December 2, 2013

Rough Stuff

I had my med school interview today, and it kinda sucked. I was fine at first. I kinda laid out what led me to my desire to be a doctor, explained bad grades and why my grades improved, and it seemed nice. Then the interviewer would not stop bringing up those bad grades and my subpar MCAT scores. It was quite frustrating because my understanding is that these interviews are meant to get to know me as a person, since they already have transcripts and such. What's more, the interviewer also informed me that she had not looked at my recommendation letters yet. Her summary at the end was basically that I sounded like a really good fit for the school, but I still had poor grades. However, after a frustrated nap and some googling, I found that I was not the only one put through the ringer in the interview, and that it's still essentially a toss-up whether I'll get in.

No comments: