Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Feelin' Dat Lack

I've been lacking lately. That interview on Monday woke me up to that quite a bit. I got this job to impress med schools, but it isn't entirely doing the trick. I didn't have a proper vacation this summer, just studied, mission tripped, then started work. One important aspect of those study abroad trips, my leaving the country like that, is that among all the art and history, I'm usually forced to do some reflecting, some learning about myself as I learn of the world around me. For the past month or two, perhaps longer, my scope of the world has been limited to work, family, and weekends in Dallas. Since I've been working full-time, I also haven't been meeting with my pastor for coffee/lunch, nor do I attend church as much. I feel that lack as well. That interview reminded me that this current life looks as bad as it feels, at least if I keep it up long-term.

I still read my Bible, I still pray every day on the way to work, but I am looking forward to the challenge of having plenty of time and disciplining myself to use it well.

No comments: