Monday, August 29, 2011

August 26, 2011

It’s been way too long since I wrote a blog about a Bible verse (besides passages from Romans 4 and 5). Still, I haven’t managed to leave the theme of hope, though themes of faith and grace are coming into play too. Anyway, here’s the shiz.

1 Peter 1:3-5 “Praise be to the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.”
I included the whole passage because it’s a long sentence, but the part to focus on is “In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead…” When God gives you a prophetic word or message, it’s not like it remains that one stagnant word from years past. Take my doctor prophecy for an example. When I was 12, it was prophesied that I’d be a medical doctor. But since God gave me this hope, it has grown, and through Christ, I’ve been given a new birth with this hope that is alive, as alive as any words from God. So this living hope is growing and developing along with me; it isn’t a static old word that fades with time. This is the hope Christ has for us.

No comments: