Friday, August 7, 2009

The Soloist

By the way, this is a picture of the guy the movie is based on; he still plays in the streets sometimes.

Thank God for friends like Jordan Wood who can tell me when crap is an attack from the enemy so I don't keep getting mad at people.

Last night, I watched The Soloist. It's about a musically gifted man with a mental disorder living on the streets of LA. What I realized part of the way through the film is that the life of this man that the movie was trying to portray is the life of many of the people I'm about to go serve on the LA missions trip. Skid Row was mentioned, among other streets and areas. There is even a chance that I could run into the men portrayed in the film. It's all real. It's not distant, 'cause it's where I'm going tomorrow.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Are you coming over tonight?

A poor white middle class soul said...

Nope. My dad doesn't want me to.

RebekahDanaeJennings said...

It was the coolest thing EVER to just so happen to run into him on our skid row ministry... AMAZING!! Except that the super drunk guy who was always with him was really annoying and abnoxious [I prolly didn't spell that right..] :P