Thursday, July 2, 2009

Us & Angels


Here's a brief catch-up. Servolution followed Kenya. It was a missions trip to Rockwall and God spoke to me ever so clearly and He actively guided my prayers, whether out loud or to myself. I've been working the firework stand since then too, to raise money for LA (my third and final missions trip of the summer).

So, I was thinking the other day about how angels appeared to so many people in the Old Testament, and even in the New one, so I asked God why they don't come so much anymore, at least in my experience.

I liked the answer I got. See, the angels came bearing a message. "Joshua, walk around Jericho", "Lions, shut yo mouth", "Shepherds, head over to Bethlehem 'cause your favorite baby is being birthed", "Saul/Paul, what the hole are you doing persecuting me?"

How do you or I get messages from God? Through prophecy, right? See, God is choosing to honor us by using us as His messengers. The messages that could be sent through shining heavenly beings with stylish wings are being sent through you and me. God doesn't have to use angels when His children are obedient to Him and His Words.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I did a version of my "Christianity on the Offense" sermon, except more as a testimonial for a Paradigm video we did last night. I'm hoping it'll be as good as the original idea God put in my head.

4 comments:

meganwould said...

I like the picture of the baby/angel.

Anonymous said...

Dude... servolution was awesome... I loved that you were able to be on the trip ..... and... i am exited to see the video you recorded last night....all good stuff..

RebekahDanaeJennings said...

So now it's "christianity on the offense"?? I'm pretty sure that offensive christianity makes me laugh more!!... Have you been offensive in your faith?? =D haha..

Andrew said...

read