Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Impersonal God


I'm surrounded by such men and women of faith all the time that it's weird when I run into some more rational thinkers. My brothers were both at home today and we talked about some ideas in Christianity, most of which we seemed to be in a slight disagreement about. It seemed that in their opinion, God is a rather impersonal God who doesn't care about all the lil' things in life. Their example was of God just letting the world go, like winding a clock. And I imagined, for a moment, how crappy life would be if they were right.

I'm glad to live in a world where God loves to be an active participant of every facet of my life, where I can be His favorite one, and where no matter how big I can dream, He can and will bring about a bigger dream.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Just this morning I was thinking how great it is that God is involved in the parts of my life that I think are too small and insignificant for him.