Thursday, July 23, 2009

Huddle Group


The people in my huddle group gave up a lot of junk, thanks to God's work at YFN. We talked about it last night after service, and I'm terribly excited for them. They're reading their Bibles and everything, but even more exciting to me, they're being made fun of and criticized for what happened to them, and what they've given up. Some have given up rap music, and others different things, but their families are already seeing a difference. Most parents aren't fond of their experience of being drunk in the Spirit, so I told them to keep that on the down-low, and focus more on what God did to make them more like Him.

I also told them that I'll be leaving in a month. Such cruel news!

And I learned that it might be smarter to call God "The Lord" when I talk about Him, 'cause peoples' ideas of "Jesus" and "God" might be completely different (i.e. Jesus is friendly, God is distant and angry).

2 comments:

RebekahDanaeJennings said...

That's really awesome!!
I love the picture too :P

Andrew said...

Good advice.
We will all miss you when you're gone.