Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Texting In Public?

I went shopping with my mom yesterday (Monday) for Kenya at the Dollar Tree, but our trip was cut off suddenly by Alexandra's crappy memory, 'cause, of course, she had forgotten to tell the parents that she had cheer that night. So I was rushed through some shopping, then I got to get my Word time in (haven't been getting as much out of it, 'cause I feel like I'm kinda just waiting for this missions trip now), then I was off to Andrew's house to help edit the music video. It turned out good. Then Juddson, Angela, and I watched National Treasure 2. This morning, I woke up to take down the trash, make the call, once again, to the doctor's office where I hope to work this summer. I kinda lazed around up till it was time for a birthday dinner at Kyoto with my brother. I, of course, texted with Katie the whole time, which brought on general agreement from my parents, Priscilla, and Preston, that texting at the table was impolite. I heartily disagreed. My dad, my sisters, and I all went to Staples after that, where my dad ordered a digital camera for my birthday present and for my Kenya trip. That comes in on Thursday. On our way between that and picking up my prescription for Malaria, my dad concluded that it was impolite to text around anyone else, regardless of where you are. Texting should only happen when you're alone, in his opinion. I can see where they're coming from, but if I get a text at any time, I plan on answering it as soon as possible. I disagree with them.

No comments: