Friday, June 6, 2008

Music Videos and Friends Who Date

Wednesday, I went picnicking with a group of people (for details on that, http://projectnemeth.com/blog/?p=366#comments). Then we went swimming, but I didn't wanna get sunburned, so I tried to stay out of it, but I got burned anyway, and then I got moody. I did all the slides for Paradigm that night, which was pretty dern extreme, and almost flawless. Also, the music video that Newman, D. Andrew, and I made was played there.



It was widely admired, and I'm particularly proud of it. Yesterday was my 18th birthday. I started the day out with Prototype at 9:00 AM (a lil' bit of a stretch for me), then went off to my birthday lunch at noon. Tatiano's was closed (retarded), so we went to Napole's instead. Katie, Michelle, Bri, Newman, Cassie, and James and I all ate a meal over there, and I was tricked into having my meal paid for. Michelle, Cassie, and Bri had to go home, so the rest of us went to Firewheel and looked around. Katie and I brainstormed for our children's book, we looked at colognes for me (and found the one, I think), and then I went with Newman to pick up my new digital camera (which is really cool, by the way), and then went to VBS, which was fine. When I got home, the family prayed together for various trips, but my trip to Kenya in particular. My parents actually left this morning for Mexico, and won't be back till Monday, I think.

Two of my closer friends are about to start dating. I've only heard from one side of it, but the side I heard from hasn't been talking to God lately, and she's been jumping from boyfriend to boyfriend. When her other friend said that he had been praying and fasting, and God had told him to date her, she was overjoyed, and wanted to quit on her current boyfriend. To my knowledge (and I ask her often), she still hasn't talked to God about it. She's trusted that God talked to the guy, and that's all that needs to happen. I don't like how it's looking.

On the other hand, I have another two friends, who stepped back to pray about their relationship a year ago, and I personally had a word for one of them that they shouldn't date (and I knew nothing about any relationship). It's been a year, and, as God had told the girl, the guy had had confirmation on it being okay for him to date, and the two are going to start dating soon. It's been a year of pressing into God and searching for the answer, and God honored it. I like how it's looking.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Here is my latest day for your enjoyment:
I got up and did chores. Then i ran for awhile on the treadmill, then showered (very important aspect of any day) and went to get my bridesmaid dress altered. Its really pretty, i'm liking it a lot better than when i had to try it on when i was in a bad mood.
Moods seem to drive everything, and that's one thing on my list of "need to un-learn". I want to un-learn myself of dumb moods that are set off by even dumber circumstances.
THen i went home and worked on simultaniously (can't spell that one) cleaning my room and getting stuff ready for the garage sale that's on friday. Aaaand, then i missed church during this time. Which sucked because i really wanted to talk to you about your trip. And God's been doing some stuff to me, and i also wanted to talk that over with you.
So basically we need a starbucks day, or something.
Right now my hands smell funny from all the hairspray ive gotten on them. I'm doing my sister's hair for her big wedding day and she wanted a 'do that requires almost a whole can of the sticky stuff. it takes like two hours, good thing i love hair so much.
Then i txted while on the computer, pretty crazy huh? Ima busy girl. I want to go to cfni again tommorow (or today, its 1am now), but i'm not sure about my driving skills.. I've nvr had to drive around that area before.
I'm also supposed to teach swim lessons at 8am...so hopefully it'll rain. It's time for my monthly sickness, and i don't like feeling crappy while trying to teach little kids how to not drown.

ok that's it! gonna ready the B-I-B-L-E and get some needed sleep.