Sunday, June 29, 2008

Dealing With Ye Olde Generational Curse

Well, it's been a week since I got back from Kenya, and I've had some time to process things. When God gave me that vision (which I don't remember if I shared on here), I had gone straight for the idea that my hands were physically healing the person I was praying for, because I felt something shift inside, which I assumed to be bones. I now believe that it was supposed to be some other kind of shift, but that I was on the right track with the hands of healing idea. I don't really know if all that is applicable to the trip, but maybe it is, and maybe I helped bring healing.

I should probably tell what happened this week, but I just got through with something I haven't dealt with since around Christmas. That friggin' generational curse. I argued and debated with my dad for 45 friggin' minutes, and the whole time I saw it coming. I hate the stupid thing. It's so hard to deal with. You start out disagreeing on one point, then you feel like crap because more stuff is brought up that you messed up on, and you can't keep up with the change in subjects, so you don't say what you mean to say. Also, he said over and over that I did not have much wisdom, so I needed to listen to him on all of it. And then he started talking about how I have to obey him without question because he wasn't asking me to do anything illegal, immoral, or against the Bible. I friggin' hate it so much. The worst part is, this is only a taste. My dad's side of the family is coming over next weekend. I thought it would all be easier 'cause I knew what I would have to watch out for to prepare for attacks from the enemy, but I'm not feeling any more prepared.

2 comments:

Kate said...

golly London. I say you come over to my house and hide from the relatives.

Oh, and about the coffee/tea...i want the coffee more but the tea is great too =)
so give me both, thanks.

And i'm still waiting for the "I love London" keychain..

bri said...

I don't know how to add friends either.
When you find out I'd like it if you share it with me.