Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Pilot Season?

True to form, I became frustrated with my writing of that screenplay, so I have pivoted back to writing standup. Part of my frustration grew from the fact that I had trouble suppressing my compulsion to add jokes and funny dialogue. In reading a little bit about Seinfeld, he admitted to having the same problem with his show, with figuring out plot and narrative arcs, but jumping at the dialogue and bits.

But now I am excited about getting to a tighter version of sets I have done before, in addition to one that I just started working on last night that I am trying to force into incorporating the guitar. Now I just have to, you know, get good enough at guitar to make it work.

That director I worked with last year got back to me to say that I got the part in his upcoming short film, and will be calling me up this weekend to confirm details.

My mom and I were talking about maybe sending me to LA for pilot season. Problems with this of course include the fact that I have no agent, I am cast in a feature film and an indie tv show, both of which are expected to film in Texas around the same time as pilot season, and that after this historic strike, I do not know if pilot season is falling into the same time period.

In any case, I plan to email my old manager again and maybe they will be more open to taking me on.

No comments: