Friday, July 21, 2023

Booked It (Again)

I got the part! I apparently "WOWED" them with my audition, though I assume that it was more me pitching myself than just the scripted portion. It was a flush of unpleasant nostalgia in the room to perform to a camera and a conference table. It feels about as unnatural as acting can feel.

They said that they will send the contract and talk scheduling early next week. I spent the last couple days trying to research how to make sure that I do not get screwed out of residuals, but I learned today that non-union jobs like this one likely will not pay residuals. So the more realistic expectation is that we will shoot a few episodes, shop it around, and if it gets picked up, I can negotiate higher pay or residuals for the next ones we shoot after that.

In any case, this is finally a dramatic role, so I can actually have footage for that rather than only having comedic or contortionist or horror clips.

No comments: