Thursday, December 1, 2022

Another Acting Gig Booked

I spent Monday and Tuesday a little under four hours away on the set of a short horror film. The set took the form of an Airbnb, the crew was the one writer/director/camera operator, and the cast included three of us, one of whom would not appear on camera. It was a fantastic fortuitous experience in which my contortionist skills were put to good use. Everyone on set was very nice and impressive in their roles. Best of all, the director emphasized that he wanted to keep in touch and collaborate in the future, and he has a specific role in mind for me. And given that he has gotten his work into film festivals in the past, I am cautiously optimistic about what this film could do.

Then I got a message about an audition from a website that I must have found through some social media ad. They preferred my longer hair, but my look was good enough that they booked me anyway. They confirmed with me that I could drive a manual transmission, which was true last I checked... but I obviously need to work on that before the shoot. Two days should be plenty to get my brother to let me take his car out for a spin.

And today, I am supposed to be playing the lead character in what they plan to make into a teaser trailer. I think that it is meant to be a pitch to get more funding. In any case, the shoot was meant to start hours ago and be winding down now, but all I have heard from them is that they are currently shooting and will let me know about my part afterward. So I have just continued working in this coffee shop, waiting for some word about where to go and when the shoot would happen...

No comments: