Monday, November 7, 2022

Writing Amid Coffee Shop Monsoons

It is monsooning outside of this local little coffee shop (known as a star buck). We just got hit with a time change over the weekend, so who knows if the planned workout will happen today. I can jog in rain, but this is enough of a deluge that it would be a bus of struggles. Fortunately, the alternative is to keep writing, which is what I wanted to do anyway. The downside to this is that I have a modeling gig in six days. It is unpaid but will still involve hair, makeup, and a stylist to fix up a creative wardrobe. And if they want my shirt off for it, I would prefer to keep things as tone as I can.

I have made a little more progress on the pilot that I am writing. That being said, I am keeping it low pressure by writing it in the format of a book or essay, and for dialogue or comedy sketch portions, I am allowing myself to just put a prompt for that in parentheticals.

When my somewhat famous friend tried going live for the first time on TikTok recently, she talked a little bit to the comments, but then just let one of the requests join her live, and it was a total stranger. This meant that she could just ask him questions, that she did not have to think of any funny bits. Live videos push your content to the top, so now that is a goal of mine, to get enough followers to be able to go live. With that in mind, I made some new ones over the weekend, as did some of my podcast crew. Some of these auditions specifically want someone who is already doing well on social media, and we have come up with some stuff that I could see going viral.

I am also still working on the standup routine. It is like poetry, going line by line and trying to make cuts, and highlighting parts that need to be rephrased into a better punchline.

… and the rain has stopped. Maybe I will look decent for the photo shoot after all.

No comments: