Monday, November 14, 2022

Free Modeling & Upcoming Bigger Gig?

Oh what a week. I went to some college friends' art, music, and poetry showcase on Friday, then on Saturday after a lunch with my mom and brother during which they spoke incessantly about me doing medicine (as I was two weeks into focusing on showbusiness instead), I had some free studio photography done to help me with obtaining some updated headshots. I did not like my hair that day, and I also did not care for the stark white background used, but hopefully I will have some decent headshots from it so I do not have to keep sending an explanation of my photo with every audition submission. Was that a run-on sentence? Oh boy. Then on Sunday, I had a shoot that was much more artsy. First was makeup, which involved glops of hair product and prosthetic glue to make me into some sort of woodsy plant type of being, and then it was time in a studio to bring it together. Hopefully it worked. I told my mom that I wished I had a modeling resume from my child acting days, and she said in so many words that I was not nearly as attractive back then. That may be true, but now I have no record of my previous work!

It took a lot of effort, but I did manage to remove most of the vestiges of my role as a plant person, apart from a little bit of hair product that survived both trips into the shower. Normally I would not mind a delay in a return to normalcy, but I had an audition to record for a much better paying role than those for which I had been submitting. I did indeed record the audition, and fairly quickly received a response of "Really great audition! Im passing your audition to production, Ill be in touch very soon. Please hold the dates and let me know if you have any questions." And this of course sounds very much like I booked the gig. If so, I will be shooting in just over two weeks. And we will be shooting all night from 10 pm to 7 am because we will be filming in the grocery store outside of their operating hours, paying $150 for a fitting, $500 for the shoot, and potentially $1,000 if they end up actually running it. The downside? If any other grocery stores come along begging me to be in their ads, I cannot say "yes" for two years. Tragedy.

No comments: