Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Burnt Out To Costa Rica

My efforts at writing have burnt out a little bit. For a time, it was like I was taking amphetamines every day, just so excited to try this new medium. And I do think that I have some very good original material now. But then I checked my bank account and found that I am poor, and I have yet to hear back about that show, so that initial direction of being prepared for anything feels a bit too broad to generate real discipline.

Fortunately, my mother called me last week to tell me that my grandmother had just been horrified at the price quoted to her by her dentist for some work they want to do. So my mother recommended that I meet up with said grandmother and see if I can use her air miles to get both of us to join my mother on a trip that she already had planned to Costa Rica for some less expensive dental work. We booked the flight and then grandmother's passport had been expired for nine years, so we had to try to get the passport expedited for this flight that would leave in 13 days. Unfortunately, this is the high season, so the earliest available appointments were for the day of our flight, and it would take ten days from that to get the passport. This led to one night of being very unsure about how and whether we would be able to do the trip, but the following day, I called in directly and the passport office happened to have an appointment available a week before our flight. Of course, the appointment was in Colorado, but it ended up being realistic. 

All that to say that I will be in Costa Rica next week. Hopefully I will also have news of that show by then, but either way, at least I have something to show for my upcoming birthday.

No comments: