Sunday, July 14, 2019

One Month Remains

I cannot seem to stop my mind from racing. I do try to stop sometimes, but I have been allowing the podcast to take over when I really should just let my brain stop. Yesterday, we shot a promo for the podcast, complete with a drone shot. We also recorded a podcast episode and then began writing a script for a sketch that we plan to film. We all pitched ideas and made ourselves laugh the whole time. But it was also exhausting, and a stress dream related to residency came to me that same night. So today I slept in till noon, then did not bother getting out of bed until 2 PM. I was going to go work out, but I felt like I just needed a day to stop, to let the cerebral dust settle.

It's a month until my scheduled test date. I will likely reschedule it for a week later because I do not feel as if I will be ready in time. Granted, my test scores are okay, but I have not gotten through enough of the practice questions to feel particularly comfortable with taking the real exam.

One of the issues has been that there is construction work being done at our house, and the people doing it have been people worth networking with, so I have taken time out to get to know them a little. This impacts studying. Between that, my general lack of discipline, and my obsession with this podcast, I have been criminally inefficient with studying. And that was perhaps tolerable for awhile, but the work at the house is nearly complete and others are going out of town, which means that I can hopefully begin this last stretch with real gusto.

No comments: