Sunday, December 10, 2017

11 Days

I have ten more study days, eleven days total, until I retake the step 1 exam. Am I confident? Logically, no. But I think that it is time to turn on confidence, along with stress hormones.

Every time I converse with family or friends, I have noticed that I do a lot of talking, and that I speak very quickly. The former has often been the case, and it decreases once I feel that people are caught up on my life or thought process. It comes from feeling like you have a worldview and train of thought that merely sharing a few brief words can hardly manage to convey, so you try to establish context. For me, there is a significant need to recognize when there is need for such context, and perhaps more importantly, when there is not such a need. As for the habit of speaking quickly, I noticed today that it may be due to the lectures I watch every day. I speed these lectures up to 2.2x speed, and I keep this up most days. So when I talk to other people, it confuses me that I can continue talking at these speeds and no one else seems geared toward such a pace. So that is something to keep an eye on.

Anyway, back to studying. Hope I escape this academic purgatory.

No comments: