Thursday, October 20, 2016

When Pretty Girls Flirt

I went to a missionary dinner thing on Tuesday. I remembered that those guys get words of knowledge all the time, able to see what's spiritually going on with someone, so I began the process of weeding out my garbage brain. I also finally joined a local gym that day, so I got my first good workout in months, and was still sore today (when I returned).

Yesterday, I visited the neurologist I used to work for. They have tablets for patients now, so they enter basic information there rather than using paper. They had claimed to be paperless before, but it seems like they're really starting to do it now. That night, I went with friends Tara and Cameron to watch the last presidential debate at a bar in Dallas. Those debates are way easier to endure when everyone else is also hating Trump (and also when they give free shots to those watching the debate).

Today, I met up with a girl I had vaguely known through homeschool stuff in high school. We both went to homeschool prom back then, and have a few mutual friends. I had seen her once more when she worked at a coffee shop in town and was surprised at how pretty and skinny she was (two ingredients to catch the attention of this tall skinny human). I followed her on instagram and such and found that she was doing a lot of modeling. Anyway, she had posted something about her microbiology notes on an instagram story thing, and I offered to let her use my favorite study resource, sketchy micro.

So we were to meet at Starbucks. I arrived early, as I usually do if it's not morning, and the barista was a pretty and skinny blonde girl. This, of course, did not do much to ruffle my calm demeanor. After all, many baristas are attractive and so are many customers. But then she flirted with me as she helped me to select a beer (which, by the way, is a thing at Starbucks now) and then talked flirty for a moment as she delivered my drink to my table outside, and then (and this convinced me that it was real flirting) she gave a smiling thorough look back at me as she opened the door to go back inside. So for the first time perhaps ever, I had a pretty girl stranger flirting with me (that part might have happened once or twice before) while I awaited the pretty girl I was to give science stuff to.

So other pretty girl arrived and I gave her the stuff, and we talked for an hour or two. She told me that her only memory of me was when we danced at prom and I had apparently not looked at her the whole time (she then imitated my dancing pose, which I must admit appeared to be too strict a head position to allow for eye contact). We talked of life since then, of travels and jobs and school. She likes camping, which doesn't help her in my book. But perhaps my upbringing made me biased against that in the same way that I dislike the idea of road trips. Gotta keep an open mind. Anyway, we made vague plans to go to karaoke or dancing sometime, though I told her that I'd probably mostly be studying until December.

Anyway, I need a weekend of nonstop studying so that I don't have to think about social encounters anymore. I'm not used to people.

No comments: