Sunday, October 4, 2015

Ah, the Talent Show

I know, I know, I don't blog enough *crickets chirping*.

Last night, I performed in our med school's talent show. While the show itself was mostly unimpressive, my routine had only improved since I last performed it in college. Back then, I had only recently learned a lot of the moves and had also only just begun working out in order to do the moves well. My routine reflected that, with difficult things edited out so I wouldn't be quite so exhausted throughout. But this time, I was fit enough that that wasn't a concern. I had strength and endurance from the 3 /12 years of regular stretching and exercise since.

So my earlier concern that I wouldn't be able to dance as well as I used to was quickly eradicated as I found myself able to do far more than I could back then. One thing that hadn't changed is the amount of anxiety that builds up. I meant to study yesterday, but I could hardly get myself to read at all. Instead, I practiced for hours (I had only meant to give it a half-hour to get it straight). Whoops.

Anyway, I passed my last exams and have a psych exam tomorrow followed by a microbiology exam the next week. We'll see...

No comments: