Saturday, June 13, 2015

Several Of The Things Maybe

Made a 76 on my second neuro exam (which, by the way, was an awful exam). It was still above average (the lowest grade was a 49 and the highest a 98), so now I'm sitting at an 80.

My second physiology exam is on Monday. I might fail again. Who knows. I've been watching Kaplan videos all day to learn everything they were supposed to teach over the past few weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to not screw things up studying tomorrow.

On the bright side, my workout schedule is currently what it should be. Oh, and I changed my flight home to a day earlier, so I get three full weekends. Every day in America is a better day.

I've felt more and more distant relative to my friends. When you go months without seeing anyone that you used to see at least once in awhile, it takes its toll. I have fond memories, but as I had already explained to friends, I am and will be a different person at are next meetings, and they should be too.

I'm often closer to my female friends than my male friends, but an issue with distance is that objectification becomes a lot easier. If I don't Skype or see an attractive friend (all of my friends more or less meet that description) for awhile, it's easy to only view them in a romantic or sexual manner. But it's like every time I've gone to a bar or club; I can't stand the idea of just hitting on a girl, because I know that there's a real person there. I'm not trying to get a kiss or sex or whatever out of a conversation; I'm just genuinely wanting to get to know a person. But the mind is a tragic thing that will wander when it decides that it can justify stupidity within loneliness. In any case, the thoughts have been filtered and purified, and I'm on an upward trend once again.

I've been drinking red wine every day, after discovering that I can obtain okay wine at an okay price. I do miss the rum, but that is now reserved for nights when I'm not studying to fail an exam.

Anyway, life is awful, only made better/worse by idleness.

Hilariously, that reminds me. I turned 25 last week. It's great because now I've made it into the upper half of age ranges (half of the world's population is under 25). Every day is a trudge towards death. Lalalalalalalala.

No comments: