Tuesday, March 17, 2015

No Seasons

I'm in a place with no seasons. The temperature stays around 78 degrees, going a few degrees warmer/colder depending on the time of day. It's a strange thing to be without seasonal change in climate. I tended to group phases of my life into seasons of the year, and lessons learned therein. But without seasons... I dunno. I didn't have spring to look forward to when it got cold. I don't have summer to look forward to for lazy days outside. I don't have fall to look forward to for hoodie, cardigan, and jacket weather, and I don't have winter to look forward to to layer in different ways. I have this one season. And I long for others.

I know that the grass is always greener on the other side, but really, this side is tough to deal with. I know I get sun and beach and school, which are actually a lot of what I've wanted out of life, but seasons were important. Seasons always promised something new on the horizon.

Now it seems that the something on the horizon tends to be my breaks from school and the subject matter I'm preparing to learn.

No comments: