Sunday, March 22, 2015

Fighting It

The best way to fight depression, I'm finding, is by talking to other people. Skyping with my friend Tara is always good because she's similarly driven, though she has decided not to go for this accounting masters degree. That's not a mark against her, of course; she already has a job she likes that challenges her. I, however, have never had a job better than being a mascot. And God is still working in this whole doctor thing, though it's admittedly hard to see Him in this.

Talking to my brother on Facebook today was nice too. We can talk about such simple things at home. Problems that arise from privilege. Little sister who's crazy and buys good brands of liquor that she can't afford (that I can't afford), and that she wouldn't know the difference between anyway (unlike me).

I'm trying to rekindle this love for learning that had me going through this semester. I really do love what I'm learning. But I still have the mentality that I'm going to do far worse, and that's making it hard to study right. I've just gotta push past that...

No comments: