Sunday, June 8, 2014

June 8

I'm on my flight back to the States. Customs was as easy as "How long were you here for?" "Three months." "Nice." I debated on whether to exchange my remaining €100 bank notes for US dollars, but then instead gave in and used it to buy duty-free whiskey. Tax on liquor is high both in Ireland and the States, and I made the decision with this knowledge in mind. I have my phone in my pocket, ready to turn on (assuming it retains battery life after three months).


I noted yesterday how when I get home, I will not be bothering with reading travel blogs so much. At the midpoint in my trip, I missed home dearly, but realized that if I went home, I'd just be dreaming of travel. Not so anymore. I think I'll be quite happy with where I am for the time being, especially since I'll be headed to the Caribbean at the end of the summer anyway. There's nothing like leaving your home, country, friends, and family to make you appreciate every one of them. 

No comments: