Friday, June 14, 2013

2 1/2 Weeks

2 1/2 weeks until I take this MCAT. 2 1/2 weeks until I get to have a summer, however brief and filled with prerequisites for EMT school. Unfortunately, it's only two weeks until my mom and sister go on a cruise, so I cannot join them (even though I'm fairly sure my mom would have paid for my ticket). I'm not trying to be all whiny. KIDDING! I totes am. It's just that I don't really get to feel like I'm done with school until I take the MCAT, and then, in my mind, I'll be graduated from college. The studying will cease.

I have created new fantasies in my mind. I had often daydreamed about returning to Belfast in Northern Ireland, to sit in the Starbucks and watch people through the big windows there, of drawing sketches of things in Victoria Square... But I'm kinda tired of only dreaming about Belfast, and I can only listen to Snow Patrol's Hundred Million Suns album so many times before the inspiration stops coming. Now I wish to do something I did when I last went there, that I didn't realize (at the time) would be such an impactful memory. People watching in bars. I began my first Juice Journal that way, just writing about those I saw while I traveled alone, and that gave the journal character. I'm excited to just go to Dallas without any intention of meeting up with friends, and just sit and watch people, writing about them. Maybe even sketch a lil' bit.

It's looking like I'll have a real job this fall with a neurologist, and it makes me wonder whether I'll get to travel. The idea of being unable to travel ruins me inside, especially since traveling is all I'll want to do after I get my med school interviews (assuming I have any) done with. Making money is nice, but I'd rather be poor in Europe than rich in the States.

P.S. Secondary medical school applications are the worst. I was already asked to write one 5,000 character essay with two 2,500 character optional ones (and you never leave a blank), but these secondary applications are requiring a few 3,500 character essays per application, most of them specific to the school I'm applying to. I don't think I've had to write this much or this well in my last two years of school combined (which, granted, isn't saying much, but I'm still annoyed).

No comments: