Saturday, May 11, 2013

Senior Reflections (Part 3)

Though I haven't been the most clever this last semester, there is one thing that I think I've gained. In the past, I have thought of myself as unrelatable. My level of purity was such that I felt distant from people. People would describe their problems and I could not understand, or I simply judged them. I didn't judge intentionally; rather, I saw it as a thing outside of God's will and condemned it as such in my mind, feeling utterly removed from such a genre of actions (sounds just a TAD pretentious, eh?). Now, I've found that when my friends confide their sins to me, I don't judge at all. I have been there. I've been a fool and ignored The Lord. And I know what a fool I am if I continue to ignore God, so I know to redirect the situation.

Frequently being stupid this last semester was a downer, but at the same time, I feel like I can empathize on a whole new level. It's almost as if I'm a real person.

People are people.

No comments: