Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year (2013)

Before the end of this year, I hope to have obtained my second degree, to be working in a hospital, and to have finished applying and interviewing for medical schools.
Aside from that, there are a few things that itch at me, that I want to do, and this gap year in between undergraduate and medical school is apparently a good time to do those things.

I want to write. Poetry especially, but also other avenues of creative writing. Maybe start on the book of humor I always intended to write. Or my autobiography.

I want to be competent in regard to medicine and terminology and junk. It seems stupid to me that I can be a pre-med biology major and still know so little about medicine.

I want to go to Disney World. The main inhibitor there is that I have to find someone to go with, who can be just as excited about meeting all the Disney characters as I am. I've had many dreams of going back to Disney World.

I want to go to Europe. Not for school, not tagging on the end of some other trip, and not for family. Simply for the sake of soaking it in and appreciating it. I want to go to Paris again, though it does kinda suck to go without a significant other. Yet that's kinda how all of my favorite places tend to be, so I'll deal, and it'll probably inspire poetry.

I want to read classics. I'll be finishing the last (14th) of the Wheel of Time books as soon as it comes out in a week and a half, and I think it's time to move on to reading what everyone else has read. I don't want to get hooked onto tv again.

No comments: