Sunday, January 20, 2013

Slice of Time

I sometimes have a strange concept of time. It comes in part from a concept conveyed in the book Paradise Lost, in which God takes a portion of Chaos and transforms it into the world in which we live. Chaos is personified, as something from which God does literally have to borrow. It turns out to not be a problem at all however, because we realize that Chaos is limitless. You can take a piece of it, and because it is infinite, that piece you took becomes nothing in proportion.

For whatever reason, I often view time this way. When I look at my life, my schedule, the days coming up, and I think to myself, "I really don't have time to do what I need to do," I look at it and realize how infinite time is, and that though I need to utilize my time wisely, time is more vast than I can comprehend, and even if I cut out as much as I can for what I must do, there is always more to be had.

It's pretty abstract, but it stuck with me since my early years in high school. Actually, that might have been 8th grade. I was advanced (back then).

No comments: