Sunday, October 28, 2012

Approaching Fall

It's that time of year. Fall, with leaves changing, a chill wind blowing, and me kinda wishing I knew how to utilize the season well. Thanks to sophomore year in college, I closely associate this weather with Freelance Whales. After these two years, they came out with a new album, which I have yet to purchase. I probably need to, 'cause once again, the few songs I've heard from it fit the mood. Actually, I just now bought the album after writing that. It's called Diluvia.

I get in the same sort of mood that this season gets me into, where I wanna curl up alone with hot chocolate, or, if things get crazy, a heavily sugared and creamed coffee, and just sit. And think. And write. And watch. And listen. And be. Since it's hard to curl up alone in a small college town where loads of humans know you, even if you don't know them, it can get tricksy. Would it be crazy to lock myself in my trunk at the lake just so I can lay down a lil' bit and listen to the wind blow past?

After all, quiet time is essential, and I haven't really gone for that much this semester. I treat my room as my quiet place, but I still find myself yearning for a drive to the lake. No matter how clear you think your head is, it can get clearer, and that's good for it.

No comments: