Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dabbling In Ministry

I'm speaking at The Gathering, the student-lead service John Brown University has on Sunday nights. I'm speaking on Romans 4-5, along with Genesis 12, 15, 17, and 18 (I think). Essentially, it's just explaining what Paul was explaining about the life of Abraham. There's a lot to glean from it, and God has kinda seemed to decide to make me live my life in the same kinda mindset.

What has impressed me like crazy, though, is that with this taste of ministry in mind, God has been bringing things up. He's been using me. I don't even try to get a word from the Lord anymore, but He gave me a word for Laura a few weeks ago, that she needed to be single (God loves making me give that word), and she succumbed to His persuasion the other day. Last night at 2:00 AM, my best friend from Texas, Cameron, called me to tell me that he and his girlfriend just broke up. He and I hadn't talked in months, though he is the one that I make sure to meet up with when I'm around. I got to be there for him and pray with him, and I had really forgotten how good it is to be that for someone. He and his girlfriend were kinda the hopeful ones in my perspective, the Christian peers who were doing things right and managing to make it work, and even the breakup involved them praying with one another and deciding that it was the best thing.
I wouldn't share that much about it, except that I'm fairly certain that no one from home reads this anymore.

And I feel like God has some big plans for Sunday night. There might be an altar call. And since I think it's fair to guess that SOME people at this school aren't saved, I'm tentatively planning on giving that opportunity as well. Always include a salvation aspect whenever you preach. Always.

In all my love for traveling, for learning new things, and for all of that fun, I sometimes forget that I feel at my absolute best, the peak of my character, when I'm in ministry. The accountability is just golden, and I miss it so.

2 comments:

Maintenance Man said...

Today is my first time reading your blog. Who is Laura? Is that your friend's ex-girlfriend? And what is an altar call? Altar means that thing in the middle of the church I assume.

Londonsucks said...

HAH! GAAAAAYYYY!