Monday, June 3, 2024

The Monstrous Palooza

This past weekend, I visited Monsterpalooza. Never have I ever been so welcomed simply for being who I physically am as a person. I spoke to so many prosthetic makeup artists, introducing myself as a contortionist who wanted to model, and nearly all of them very quickly wanted to exchange information. One in particular was in charge of the directory for a makeup school and said that they literally have only two other contortionists listed, so I will genuinely be in demand.

With the recent success of the new show Fallout, which involves a lot of prosthetic work, the timing might be extremely fortuitous. Just seem like excellent prospects.

The writer/director I worked with on that pilot last year has sent me two pilot scripts, with the promise of a third one on the way. He wanted to hear my thoughts and to know if there were any parts I could see myself playing. And another filmmaker friend, who produced the award-winning short film I made 20 years ago, reached out to gauge my interest in playing a shadow creature in a feature film in Texas this summer, mostly in July. Additionally, the writer/director who I very much enjoy working with has talked up doing another short film this summer, so hopefully I can manage it so I can fly in and knock all the projects out in the same timespan.

Feeling hopeful and excited that I am where I want to be in my birthday week.

No comments: