Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Blocked

I did that street interview gig. It was a fun learning experience, and I think I could do better if I get another chance. That being said, I think my interview questions were very well written. We will have to see whether they bring me back, but even if not, I could stand to recycle the questions for my own purposes.

Now I have a week of mostly having the house to myself while my brother is out of town and my mom is in Costa Rica. I have had a general writers block for the past month or so, in part I think because every time I try to collaborate with another writer, they have thus far not looked at my stuff. The most rewarding writing has in fact been for that street interview gig, but I am also waiting to find out how the employer felt about it. No word yet.

So, I have been living off of the money my mom sorta inherits. It goes to my account first for tax purposes, and then she asks for some of it whenever she needs it, while letting me keep a small percentage. I am not supposed to touch it otherwise, but, well, I have not found work. My brother once spent all the money, and he subsequently stopped getting money.

Maybe the actor's strike will end soon. After the studios walked out last time, they are negotiating again today. Maybe this will finally give me work. Or maybe nothing will happen.

The other day, I got the script for the third episode of this indie show that has me as a main villain. In the second episode, I have no lines, but characters learn more about me and I make an appearance. In the third episode, we see me being cowardly with my superior and then creepy and dominant with my prey. It is difficult to navigate the character's journey, because I feel as though this could be a pivotal episode to reel viewers in. But it is highly dependent on my performance, on what exactly I do with this character. It is the first time since I got back into acting that I considered asking my old acting coach for some coaching. But in medicine, the temptation is always to refer patients to someone else, or to get help, when, if you apply yourself, you can solve the problem, diagnose and treat the patient. I was cast for a reason.

No comments: