Saturday, September 15, 2018

Dislike

I do not like disliking people. It rarely happens because I tend to assume the best and also empathize. But the thoughts I have toward that girly are specifically of dislike. She changed her relationship status the other day, a few weeks after texting me "Miss you" and I replied with a pretty disingenuous response with similarly kind sentiments. I could probably think better of her except that her method was to blow me off and make it clear that she did not want further communication, that we needed a break. It was difficult for me to discern what there was to break from, especially since we were just friends and she was emphatic on preserving that friendship.

In any case, cutting off communication seemed in her mind to be the way to fix things. For me, communication is actually the preferred method of fixing things, and breaking off communication after one party has been hurtful to the other tends to lead the hurt party to resent the transgressor.

As I said, I do not like feeling this dislike. I decided today to stop sending her funny tweets (one of a group of people who receives them). Hopefully I can simply avoid seeing her, like ever. If I do see her, my forgiving nature will likely take over and I will be able to get over this. But the dislike is a feeling that has remained in my mind, and has been allowed to grow stagnant there.

I prefer to think the world of everyone else, so it really sucks to have someone lower themselves in your eyes. She resented me thinking so highly of her before, so even that aspect factors in to make me feel justified in mentally placing her with a more inferior group.

Ugh, I do not like thinking of people like this at all. It seems to bear no benefit for anyone.

No comments: