Sunday, July 23, 2017

Lookin' Up

Things seem to be moving in nice directions. After years of going without, I finally had the chance to do another creative photo shoot yesterday. I was dressed as a clown, but on hiking trails by a lake. That evening, I went to my friend's parents' house to surprise my friend's mom as the same clown character, and had to improvise a back story for like ten minutes as I made balloon animals. They were generous enough to invite me to share in finer wines and scotch than I have yet had the privilege of tasting.

While there, my friend informed me that I would likely not have difficulty in scheduling the STEP 1 exam, despite the many delays (one of which I will attempt to fix tomorrow) in registering for it.

My practice test scores have been going up (though this week has admittedly hardly been productive), enough that I think I should be ready by the time mid to late September rolls around. The trick was to stop just trying to get through it, and start treating them like real tests.

Anyway, the reason to start caring about getting this test completed (aside from the obvious necessity of moving on in life) is that it looks like one of my closest friends will be free to travel at the time and place that I would like to travel. Assuming that testing and moving out and such go smoothly, I will be departing to NYC a day or two after my exam, and then road tripping westward toward Portland with my friend. Following this, there is also potential for travel through California. I have friends living in most major cities and areas, some of whom have already offered a place to stay. I even know someone in Napa, so I have some hopes there.

In any case, it is time to buckle down and study (with a slight hiccup when I drive to Dallas this coming weekend to see Tim and Eric live because #duh) so that these idealized plans in my mind may come to fruition.

No comments: