Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Just Wanna Quit

Let's throw down some honesty here.

I want to quit medical school pretty badly. Scores aren't improving, friends keep getting married while I'm unable to leave my studies, and I am still years away from the opportunity to do something very worthwhile with myself.

I want very much to just drop it and go to help with the Syrian refugees, one of the most incredible opportunities to do some of the greatest good as conveyed in the Bible.

I am just fed up with being selfish, and with having to force myself to be disciplined. Send me away. Please. I have two years of med school under my belt, so surely I would serve a purpose. I can be fun and entertaining.

Here am I. Send me. But have I already been sent, and I'm already here, and now it's just a matter of pushing through the difficult time? Part of me wishes that this whole exam process would fall through so that I would be forced to find something else. I could work on a cruise ship or something for six months to raise money for a trip. I could work for Disney. I could do so many things.

Yet here I remain.

No comments: