Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Passed The Basic Sciences

I passed my classes. I get to go back to America. My nerves were all in a jumble until I found out, and when I did, I couldn't process it. I get to go back to a wondrous (though greatly flawed) country. No more anxiety over whether I get to make it back. No more second-guessing every performance here.

Unfortunately, one of my good friends here failed a class, and it is being decided whether he will get to retake the class or be expelled from medical school, since he has failed a class before.

Pokemon Go came out, and I've been playing that. But of course, the island gives us no pokestops nearby where we have wifi. So we are going into town on Friday to see if we can find wifi near a pokestop.

I became CPR certified yesterday. Not too difficult.

I have an interview on Saturday to discuss where I'm doing my clinical rotations. We're supposed to come up with an elevator pitch.

I'm going scuba diving for the first time on Sunday.

And, of course, I'm studying for the COMP, the leave-the-island-forever exam. I'm pretty sure that I'll fail, but I'm obviously trying to avoid that.

I'm also, umm, actually seeing dating as a real possibility for the first time in my life. I mean, not that real, but more real than it's ever been before. But meow I've become this person that I think is the one I've been trying to be. I didn't want to date until the worst of school and my own issues were dealt with, but meow I think I may be closer to that point. It is strange.

No comments: