Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Reflections partso doso

This semester, I quickly realized that in order to do well at school, I would need to minimize social time. I put to rest my rule of always getting coffee with someone every week. I stopped being intentional about friendships.
And I did better at school than I had since freshman year.
But it made a sort of change in me. I began to do away with the thought that had once kept me in check, "If we don't make people a priority, then what's it all for?" Rather, I ended up discovering that I'm an introvert, that though people make me happy, I can make it without them, and I work better that way.
But I also had the problem that I attract people. People love my personality and my humor. I'm a magnet.

It has begun to annoy me, how stupidly favored I am. I'm no better than anyone else... Haha, sorry, that's my time at home talking. My mom generously gave each of the siblings $100, but gave me $300. I was ever so thankful, but also frustrated that my mom would act that biased. And THAT frustration also stems from her treatment of Priscilla.

And here I thought I wouldn't be able to get myself to write much.

Cassie claims to love me as loudly as ever. I treat it all sarcastically, but she sounds serious a lot, even after drinking. That's just plain terrifying. She's just like my mom, except possibly louder, which is quite a feat. I was borderline rude to Cassie this week, 'cause I hesitantly went to her end of the world party, endured her trying to dtr (while I tried pretending to drunken slur through the conversation), and then pretty much ignored her invites the following days.

No comments: