Sunday, August 26, 2012

Company

Bad company corrupts good character. The problem is that I'm at a point in life when a lot of the company I had once chosen wasn't the best for me, and the good company I could have chosen is now kinda distant. You aren't supposed to abandon friends just because they're crapping up, but then again, I don't wanna start crapping up.

Just how strong in the Lord am I? 'Cause that really is going to be the determining factor in these decisions. A friend of mine who has led loads of mission trips and teaches at conferences and stuff recently posted on Facebook, asking who would like to travel with him next year. And I just thought how that would be the greatest way to begin mission work. To actually tag along and do ministry alongside someone who really knows what they're doing, who inherited the job of the head of his ministry only a few years ago.

I mean, imagine traveling, being mentored by a missionary who is literally training pastors and leaders to rise up in their local areas. It's called a dream internship, and that would be the ideal summer. Gah, if God would be willing to make that work, I would just love it.

No comments: