Thursday, May 5, 2022

That Casting Call...

Well, on the night that I wrote my last post, I learned that a comedian friend is on the casting team for that comedy show. So by the next night, I had sent in an application. And then I had a few days to prepare for her to interview me. And since that interview, I have been sending them clips as requested to highlight my comedic skills. It feels crazy, because I went through such a similar interview process before for a singing show two years ago, but this time, I am not pretending to be a good singer. I am specifically being my own self, someone who is striving to combine medicine and comedy, in large part because it feels like a waste to leave either behind.

My chances of getting on the show sound good. So instead of job hunting, I am shifting my next "responsible task" to cultivating some comedic bits to have in my back pocket just in case. I practice improvisation every week, but it is best to rely on something in which you are confident, then add to that as needed.

To some extent, I am hesitant to get my hopes up. But I once again have some advantages in this, and it would actually showcase me specifically in what I would consider to be a more authentic form of myself. Comedy, medicine, entertainment, and a myriad of life experiences all blended into whatever I am.

No comments: