Friday, May 25, 2012

Lookin' At Pov'tree

I've been in Uganda since Wednesday now, though this is the first day that I haven't felt horribly jet-lagged. With ministry, at least the kind we're doing, each day drives you to your pillow (and to lean against the window in the bus to nap on the way back). Every day is exhaustion.

But it's also good. I'm seeing how these other students process the tough issues here. I never talked things out, at least not much, when I went on mission trips to Kenya. And when you're faced with poverty like this, you tend to either have to ignore it or try to find some way to come to terms with it. It's difficult, but I just stick to some mottos, one of which is "Do what you can, while you can." I'd tell more, but my eyes are trying to shut, and I kinda like the idea.

G'night and such.

No comments: